data protection policy and privacy notice
This Data Protection Policy and Privacy Notice describes how and when I collect, use, and share information when you purchase an item or attendance to a workshop from me, contact me, or otherwise use my services through Squarespace or its related sites and services.
I am committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure I have put in place suitable physical and electronic procedures to safeguard and secure the information I collect online.
information I collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide certain information (which you authorised Squarespace to provide to me), such as your name, name of your child attending art club, email address, postal address, payment information, telephone number, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewellery, for example), if you contact me directly.
During art clubs and workshops I will take photographs of participants’ artworks and their hands working. I will not take identifying photographs or post identifying photographs on my website or social media pages. If any occasion should occur where I would like to post photographs where an individual may be identified, I will not do so without a signed permission form.
why I need your information and how I use it
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, have information about who is attending my art workshops, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as 1) providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services; and 2) compliance with the Squarespace Terms of Service. I use your information as necessary to comply with my obligations under the Squarespace Terms of Service.
information sharing and disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Squarespace. I share information with Squarespace as necessary to provide you my services and comply with my obligations under Squarespace Terms of Service.
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
I retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to provide you with my services and as described in my Data Protection Policy and Privacy Notice. However, I may also be required to retain this information to comply with my legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce my agreements. I generally keep your data for 7 years.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
how to contact me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Eden Silver-Myer, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: April 2019